When lighting devices are mentioned, many lighting systems such as surface lighting, recessed lighting, spot lighting and pendant lighting are meant. All these and similar lighting systems must be manufactured in accordance with the Low Voltage Directive and Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive before they can be placed on the market.
Such devices and equipment are included in the CE marking application in accordance with the directives of the European Union and the provisions of the above regulation, which are prepared on the basis of these directives. The conditions of the CE marking on the products of the manufacturers are included in the relevant legal regulations. In this context, manufacturers must have EMC and LVD tests for these products. Free circulation of products without CE marking is not possible in European Union countries. In addition, since the CE marking system is spread all over the world today, EMC tests have to be done in order to send products to other countries.
Turkish Standards Institute, within the framework of harmonization with the European Union harmonized and published a few of the standards for lighting devices are as follows:
- TS EN 60598-1 Lighting fixtures - Part 1: General rules and tests (IEC 60598-1: 2014, modified)
- TS 8698 EN 60598-2-1 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Particular requirements - Part 1: General purpose, fixed
- TS EN 60598-2-2 Lighting Fixtures - Part 2: Particular requirements - Part 2: Recessed luminaires
- TS 8700 EN 60598-2-3 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Specific features - Part 3: For road and street lighting
- TS 8701 EN 60598-2-4 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Particular requirements - Part 4: General purpose, portable
- TS EN 60598-2-5 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Special requirements - Part 5: Projectors
- TS 8704 EN 60598-2-7 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Particular requirements - Part 7: Horticultural, portable
- TS EN 60598-2-8 Lighting fixtures - Part 2: Related specifications - Section 8: Power hand lamps
These standards mainly include lamps with supply voltages not exceeding 1000 volts and general-purpose, fixed luminaires.