All certification bodies operate in accordance with the conditions and certification standards of the local or foreign accreditation bodies to which they are accredited. When a certification service is to be taken, it should be noted that the organization is accredited. Essentially accreditation studies are also carried out in accordance with the requirements of Section 17021: Conditions - TS EN ISO / IEC 1-1 Conformity assessment - Requirements for organizations providing inspection and certification of management systems. This standard includes the principles and conditions for the adequacy, consistency and impartiality of organizations that provide supervision and certification of management systems, regardless of the sector in which they operate predominantly.
For certification audits, first of all a certification contract is made with the customer requesting certification service and under this agreement, the customer undertakes to comply with the certification body's certification rules.
In accordance with the customer's requirements, the certification body carries out independent audit work on various management systems, product certification (CE marking) and testing and inspection issues, first of all the relevant legal regulations, then within the relevant standards, and if necessary, arranges and delivers the required document.
The certification bodies are responsible for the protection and confidentiality of information that all employees have witnessed. To ensure this, each employee has to make a confidentiality agreement. In the same way, confidentiality of information is also an important undertaking in contracts with customers. The information and documents and the reports issued are only available to authorized persons and are not taken out of the organization in any way.
When information is requested by the authorities to be disclosed to third parties, information is shared under the conditions permitted by legal regulations.
Audit organizations do not have to accept all certification requests from customers. Certification requests are rejected in the following cases:
- If the certification body is not accredited for the requested certification (but still a certification is required if the customer requests it)
- If the certification body and certification decision-makers are not available in the certification body
- If the entity requesting certification has previously worked with another certification body and has not received a certificate,
- If the company requesting certification is known to have difficulty in paying
- If the required organization cannot be made in the region where the company requesting certification
- If the entity requesting certification has requested the audit to reverse the accreditation rules
- The certification body may also refuse the application for certification for any reason other than
In general, certification work is carried out in two stages. In the first stage, the documentation studies prepared by the customer are reviewed and the conditions specific to the working environment of the customer are evaluated. In addition, second stage studies are planned. In the second stage, the effectiveness and application of the system are evaluated with the studies performed on site. After this phase is completed, the audit report is prepared.
The review and evaluation process is carried out by the certification body management on this report and it is decided whether the document requesting the certificate is given or the document is used if the interim audit is performed. If there are major or minor non-conformities identified during the studies, a decision is not made before the results are obtained.
The main services provided by the certification bodies within the scope of the audits are:
- ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Management System
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- ISO 27001 Information Security Management System
- ISO / TS 16949 Automotive Quality Management System
- ISO 50001 Energy Management System
- OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 26000 Social Responsibility Management System
- ISO 10002 Customer Complaint and Satisfaction Management System
- ISO 17100 Translation Services Management System
- ISO 3834 (EN 15085) Welded Manufacturing Qualification Management System
- HALAL Certificate
- ECOmark® Ecological Product Certification Program